Friday, April 29, 2011

Hmmmmmm..

Before I start on the networking portion of the code.  I've been pondering ways to basically package up world content and send it to the client on initial connect.  So far I'm thinking that the world will be divided up into sections, and a list of objects will be populated and sent to each client upon entrance or connect.

We will see how that goes, and then we will tweak it if need be.  Testing will prove educational :)

I am, however, skipping the landscape generation for now.  The world will be flat, and I will get everything else settled before diving into randomly generated world and texturing.  I think this will be wise, because I will waste all of my time with something I haven't really messed with in depth.  Plus, it will allow me to load test my network code and make it more efficient in the time being.

More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment